The teacher said this was the first time ever that a student had cut anyone's hair but their own - lucky Alexa. I know she felt badly and all scissors have since been removed from the classroom, but I was dreading what I might see when I picked Alexa up tonight.
It could have been worse, but it was definitely a noticeable haircut. In addition to choppy layers around her head, Alexa was sporting the thing I dreaded seeing most - - - bangs! Not wanting Alexa to have the horrible bangs that I had as a child (no offense to my mother...I know they were the style at the time), I worked very hard over the past four years to make sure she was bang-free. I cannot tell you how much I've spent on clips, rubber bands and bows in an attempt to keep her hair out of her face and avoid cutting bangs. It's a little disheartening to know that four years of my efforts were wiped out in a few moments. Sigh.
My kids have not had the best of luck with haircuts - poor Granty had two haircuts from the Neurosurgery department and now Alexa's had a four year-old cut her hair. Oy. However, if I have learned anything from the past six months, it's that life is way too short, and we cannot sweat the small stuff. Time to buy more (smaller) clips to pull back the bangs and just wait for her hair to regrow.
![]() |
| A shot of the new 'do' (or don't). |

oh too hilarious... I'm not sure what would be worse... a bad hair cut or having a kid that cut another kids hair. I would be mortified. Alexa is a doll any hair "do" she has!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteNikki Pell
I agree with Nikki, Alexa is a cutie no matter what. It could have been much worse. Maybe Alexa will set a new trend. I think she'll look cute with some bangs. :)
ReplyDeleteIf anyone can pull it off, it's Alexa! She is still adorable!
ReplyDeleteOh, my...this brought back memories. I was six and had braids so long, I could sit on them. My next door neighbor and best friend decided to play beauty parlor. We were supposed to pretend we were cutting our hair...she accidently cut off one braid...to the scalp. I carried my braid home, sobbing. I then had to sport the worst pixi haircut until my hair grew back. Not good!
ReplyDelete