Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!

With a spouse in the restaurant business, you quickly adapt to the realization that everyone's holidays are not exactly your holidays.  Damon and I are going out on a much-anticipated "date night" with friends next Thursday night, so that will more than compensate for our day apart today.

Alexa and I had a good Valentine's Day date night: swimming lessons followed by grilled chicken at Chick Fil-A - - quite the romantic evening.  Swimming lessons continue to go well; the two classes of week seem to be helping and pool time will increase as the weather gets warmer (I'm a wimp about swimming in the cold, even when the water's warm).  I had to laugh during the lessons, because I could tell from her exaggerated motions that she was telling Coach Anthony about her unexpected haircut yesterday.  Looks like her storytelling is already starting...

My sister-in-law Gia made sure Granty celebrated Valentine's Day too.  She stopped by his grave and brought some garland red hearts and flowers for our boy.  Oh how we all miss him!

My three Valentines.....(the fourth is Alstott, of course!)

No comments:

Post a Comment