Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Snow in Scottsdale?!?

Wouldn't you know - - - of all the days I go to LA for business, it actually snowed in Scottsdale.  I could not believe it when Damon texted me during a meeting and told me that it was snowing outside.  It was a wet snow and melted rather quickly, but it's still an anomaly that the Phoenix area had snow.  Unfortunately by the time Alexa was home from school, most of it was melted, and it had started to rain.  Damon said she quickly opted out of playing outside because she didn't want to get her dress wet.  Maybe that one-inch of snow in St. Louis during the Christams holiday spoiled her ;)

It's odd to think that last time I was in LA, I was calling Damon to check-in on Granty or follow-up on an emergency broviac dressing change.  It has been quite a lifestyle change to go from being so hyper-focused on Grant's care to a "normal" existence   The extraordinary things (NG tube, broviac dressing changes, Tuesday chemo sessions) had become ordinary for us.  How quickly life can change!

I'm very proud to announce that my niece Marie Storer is participating in the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life at Rockhurst University.  She's going to be walking with her sorority sisters in honor of Granty and other cancer patients and survivors.  If you would like to support Marie, the link to her page is below (I'll talk to her about personalizing it - - that's not her pic...lol):
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLCY13PL?px=31474519&pg=personal&fr_id=48669&__utma=2443503.221498963.1361425445.1361425445.1361425445.1&__utmb=2443503.20.9.1361425781804&__utmc=2443503&__utmx=-&__utmz=2443503.1361425445.1.1.utmcsr=google|utmccn=(organic)|utmcmd=organic|utmctr=(not%20provided)&__utmv=2443503.|3=registration%20status=registered=1&__utmk=211348374

AZ snow....pic snapped in Damon's car on the 101 Freeway.

1 comment:

  1. Connie, just got home today at 10:30 due to the weather. Snow and freezing rain---AH St. Louis weather. Thanks for Marie's link and we wish her and her friends well in the race. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete