Monday, February 25, 2013

A Sad Anniversary...

I do not look forward to the 3rd and 25th of each month....these dates commemorate tough anniversaries (Grant's birthday on June 3rd and death on November 25th) that evoke a sadness and emptiness that's even more pronounced than normal.  Today was no different than any other 3rd or 25th, as it marked the three-month anniversary of Granty's death.  Thankfully my calendar was relatively clear this morning, so I was able to work behind my closed office door.  By 10am, I think I had cried off all of my eyeliner....

Even though we're definitely old enough to understand that life isn't fair (I probably tell Alexa that at least once every couple of weeks), Damon and I are hopeful that we've paid our dues, and good things will start to happen to us.  We do have faith that joy will find us again. :)  Three-months of heartbreak has been wearing, but I know that we're lucky to have each other (and Alexa, of course), not to mention the wonderful friends and family that have been with us every step of the way.

Three-months too long without Granty...

1 comment:

  1. Connie, my heart goes out to you and Damon as each month is a reminder of losing your blessed baby boy. I never had the pleasure of physically meeting Granty but from the pictures and accounts that NeNe has told me over the past year he was truly a spectacular little boy. My prayers are with you. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete