Alexa was singing the Mission Montessori school song tonight, and after ~10 repeats of the song, I decided I needed to get her focused on a different song. I figured teaching her the Purdue Fight Song was the perfect counterpart to the Mission Montessori song, and, as an added bonus, I know her Uncle Steve will be very proud to have a niece who can sing 'Hail Purdue.' She absolutely loved learning the song and was even more enthusiastic when I pulled a few renditions off 'You Tube.' I'm proud to say that she's mastered the first two verses, and I don't think we're too far away from memorizing the entire song. Alexa wanted to run to her closet to put on her Purdue cheerleading uniform, but I told her we'd save that for when she knew the complete song (and not eating macaroni and cheese). I'm glad to see that Damon and I are successfully brainwashing her into a Boilermaker.....
I am happy to report that I do think our little girl who doesn't like numbers and letters is coming around. During dinner tonight, she told me that she would like to go to college, but she wants to finish pre-school first. Sounds like a fair deal to me... Then she proceeded to ask, "What does college look like?" Hmm....maybe we need to take a trip to "beautiful" West Lafayette, Indiana (home of Purdue) with Alexa. Or, even better, a visit to Palo Alto, California (home of Stanford) for our future Pediatric Neurosurgeon - haha. Her latest ambition (I'm glad she finally has one) is to be a Pop Star...not quite sure if Stanford or Purdue offers that degree program. ;)
| Halloween 2011 - Purdue cheerleader :) |
I bet if you look hard enough on You Tube, you may find good ol' Uncle Steve singing the fight song. And perhaps even with a beer in his hand.
ReplyDeleteAs far as being a Pop Star, you don't need much. Just some good looks and auto-tune.
All our love coming from STL.
--Joe, Emily, Dominic, and Sophia
Fresno State
ReplyDeleteIt's never too early to start indoctrinating them!!
ReplyDelete"GO DUCKS!"
ReplyDelete