Alexa had fallen asleep very early last night - she zonked out in her carseat as Damon drove her home from swimming - so I did not get a chance to spend time with her when I returned from LA. Needless to say, she was very excited to see me this morning when she woke up. I have to admit, there is no better feeling than to be greeted with such enthusiasm and exuberance. And to think that was after I was gone for only two days...I can only imagine the greeting I would receive if I was gone for a week!
In the past few months, Alexa and I have spent more time together than ever before, and our relationship is definitely evolving has she gets older. It's hilarious to see how much she wants to emulate me and become like me when she gets older - pretending to run on the treadmill, asking me to buy her workout clothes, etc... Her latest trend involves her perusing my closet and earmarking the clothes and shoes that she wants me to save for her when she gets older. I can only imagine her response if I remind her of this "want to be like Mommy" phase eight years from now...I'm sure a 12 year-old Alexa will have a very different viewpoint :). Until then, I will continue to cherish these moments and enjoy these phases while they last.
![]() |
| Alexa and I enjoying our morning Dunkin Donut "coffees." Hot chocolate for her, but with a cup and straw "just like Mommy," |

Enjoy these moments while they last. I'm glad to hear you and Damon had a fun night. You both deserve it!
ReplyDeleteConnie, Congratulations to both you and Damon for having a night out with friends the two of you soooooo deserve it. I'm glad to hear that Alexa is emulating you, who better to have for a role model. Enjoy every moment!!!!! Loves & Hugs, Joanne
ReplyDelete