Vahan, the son of Damon's cousin Garo, was participating in a championship spelling bee on Friday. He was the top speller from his middle school (amazing to think that a three year-old Vahan was a ring bearer in our wedding!) and moved on to participate in a competition of over 100 schools. Of all the words in the dictionary, the first word Vahan was asked to spell was "giraffe." Pretty amazing. This story brings a smile to my face whenever I think about it....signs of Granty really are everywhere.
| Our resident giraffe - - our friends gave Alexa a giraffe ensemble complete with ears, bow tie and tail. So cute! |
OMG, how absolutely A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E. I love it. Alexa, you are a cutie. Love Joanne
ReplyDeleteI love this story. Way to go Vahan. Granty is definitely watching over everyone.
ReplyDeleteXo,
Gia
P.S. I have am inkling on what Alexa's Halloween costume will be next year. :)
Connie, you do not know me but my husband Bill and I know your parents, Kathy and Gene and they know us -- long ago story!
ReplyDeleteJust wanted you to know that I get your posts by e-mail EVERY day and read them faithfully. You are such a great writer and make Granty alive to me every day. I am so, so sorry for your loss and after I read what you write, I immediately say a prayer for you, Damon and Alexa and also tell Granty to heal your hearts.
Roberta Van Haag