Our little Granty is amassing quite the herd of giraffes....through the generosity of friends and family, Grant is now the proud parent of giraffes in St. Louis, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Fresno and San Diego. Six giraffes - - - wow. Looks like the Hovannisian family will be spending a lot of time visiting zoos in 2013 and meeting the giraffes honoring the memory of Grant. Alexa and I are going to convert Damon into a zoo-lover after all. :)
The final details have fallen into place for tomorrow, and Damon and I are bracing ourselves for what will likely be the hardest day of our lives to-date. I'm praying that I will have the strength to deliver the eulogy that I have written for Grant. I will be breaking all of the rules of public speaking, keeping my head down and reading directly from the script that I've written, and my brother is on standby in case I'm not able to make it through the speech. Ugh.
Please keep all of us in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow, and please say a special prayer at 11am Pacific Time as we say 'goodbye' to Granty for the final time.
Don't think of him as gone away, his journey has just begun.
ReplyDeleteLife holds so many facets, this Earth is only one.
Just think of him as resting, from the sorrows and the tears,
in a place of warmth and comfort, where there are no days or years.
Think of how he must be wishing, that he could know today,
how nothing but our sadness can really pass away.
And think of him as living in the hearts of those he touched,
for nothing loved is ever lost, because he was loved so much.
Author unknown
Lots of prayers for all of your family on this difficult day. Will be thinking about you all day!
ReplyDelete-Sara
Connie, Damon & Alexa, This is really going to be a difficult day for you and know that although Grant is in the arms of God he is in thousands of hearts throughout the States. Know that while he is being laid to rest our hearts and prayers will be with all of you and my only wish is God will give you the strength to get through this day. Hugs, Loves, Kisses Mike & Joanne
ReplyDeletePsalm 56:8~ You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.
ReplyDelete...continuing to keep your family on our thoughts and in our prayers, especially today. God Bless from The Blanner Family (Larry Holzen's sister)
My thoughts, prayers, and heart are with you today.
ReplyDeleteDear Connie,
ReplyDeleteYou are enduring something that no mother should ever have to endure. You have shown amazing strength, courage and love. I'm sure that Grant is so proud you.
I pray that God continues to give you the strenth you need. Thinking of you, especially on this very difficult day.
Love, Bev
Thinking of you and your family today!
ReplyDeleteKelly Mock
"Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all the others."……. Sir Winston Churchill
ReplyDeleteDamon and Connie:
You both epitomize the words and wisdom of one of the most famous statesman of our time.
The bravery and love you exhibited today through your Courage, set an example for all of us.
Life is journey we know not where it will lead us. You two know all too well that life can place us in impossible situations that are unimaginable, unexplainable and uncontrollable. No parent should have to endure what you have had to. There is no logical explanation for any of us to wrap our minds around.
You have done and I know with all my heart will continue to meet life head on and find a way through the mire, turning any negative into a positive.
Connie, Damon and Alexa, May you be blessed with love, peace and serenity for all the days to come.
We are here for you to lean upon.
Much love
N-N- & D
I thought about you guys all day today, and around 11AM I pictured Granty's smile and eyes. I went on a run this evening and the thought of him kept me going when I wanted to stop. He will forever be in my memories and heart. Praying for your family.
ReplyDelete-Mandy