Right now our mission is solely Grant's comfort; the doctors (PICU, Oncology, Endocrinology) are working collaboratively to develop a plan that provides comfort and potentially enables him to spend his final days at home with our family.
I know that Damon and I can look at everything that has happened over the past five-months with confidence that we have done everything we can for our beloved little boy. We will need the love and support of friends and family more than ever before - - not just now, but in the months and years to come.
We just completed an impromptu baptism in the hospital room, as the priest from the Armenian Church in Scottsdale was gracious enough to come to perform the sacrament. In a rather appropriate circumstance, Grant is lucky enough to have two godfathers - Damon's friends Tommy and Eric. For those of you who don't know Damon, he has always been surrounded by a close, relatively small group of loyal guy friends. It's only fitting that Damon's little boy has the same - - two godfathers who will always be a part of our posse.
A five-month-old boy has taught me more than I will ever learn in school and life. I don't need to look far to find a hero...my precious, angelic little boy with the sweetest demeanor a mother could ever want.
I am crying for you, Damon, and Alexa right now, Connie. We are all connected to Grant because of you, and we are all feeling defeated. You are an amazing source of strength and inspiration to your family, and we cannot even fathom what you are going through. I hope I am not speaking prematurely, but I really think Grandma Siroon is calling Grant up to heaven, because she needs a little boy to play with. Damon was always her favorite:) Peace and Love, Cheryl and Leon
ReplyDeleteI saw precious Grant today, this was the second time seeing him in the hospital. It is hard to accept that there isn't anything else that can be done to keep this handsome little spirit here on earth with his Mommy, Daddy, and big sister Alexa. I now can understand the anger and the Why's that his Mommy was/is feeling. I have asked the higher spirits to guide this beautiful little boy so that he has a comfortable, peaceful journey to eternal peace. I am blessed that I had the chance to have met little Grant! May he always have the comfort of having his little feet rubbed when he reaches his final resting place. Love, Debbie
ReplyDeleteOur hearts are with you... with love, Dave & Pat Irvin
ReplyDeleteConnie, this is something no mother or father should have to face. I have no words to express my sorrow for your family. Thinking of you and your family and wishing for your continued strength. Your Grant is nothing short of amazing.
ReplyDeleteDear Connie,
ReplyDeleteI am so heartbroken to hear this news. I think a lot of people have fallen in love with little Grant because you opened up your journey here for us to follow. He has shown the most amazing life and sweetness in the face of such adversity, and so has your whole family. I know that Grant has been surrounded by such intense love every day of his life, and his spirit will carry that along on his next journey.
God bless Grant, and everyone who will feel his loss. Love, Guenevere
Connie, I am so incredibly sad to read this news. We are praying for you, Damon, Grant and Alexa. Sending all of our love and support from Missouri. - meg
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry for our little boy. We have grown to know Grant as our little boy. Words cannot express my hurt for what you have endured. Grant is one blesses boy to have a mom, dad and sister of your strength. We are thankful we know Grant because of your beatiful and always hopeful words connie. I know there are a few typos but it just breaks my heart and takes my breath away knowig you are hurting. Your beautiful boy will be with us forever. We will keep him in our prayers always. Love and tears to you as you move ahead in this world of no explanition.
ReplyDeleteConnie - I haven't been lucky enough to meet Grant, but he has already inspired me and so have you with your strength and courage. I cannot imagine what you are going through, but know that you, Grant, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. How lucky you are to be the mom of such an amazing, happy, smiley, strong little man. I am praying for all of you and thinking of you often. Christine Winkeler Manner
ReplyDeleteOur hearts ache for all of you. We are crying for your family, as we've grown to love Grant and feel like we've been there with you. He will always be a part of all of us. As I said, there is always a constant in Grants life... Never ending love from his amazing Mommy, Daddy and sister. You've all taught us so much....strength, love, and courage. We continue to pray for Grant to be confortable. You are all in our thoughts and prayers. Love, Auntie Gail and Uncle Bruce
ReplyDeleteYou, Grant, and your family continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I check your blog daily and was so sad to read the update from today. Your courage through all of this has been amazing and Grant could not have asked for more loving and helpful parents. I hope your team was able to come up with a plan that will help him be more comfortable and allow you to spend time together at home.
ReplyDeleteJanie
Words can't express what you and we are feeling at this time. We looked forward to the daily blogs and we kept a very positive outlook. This news hits us very hard. Love to all, the David Hovannisian family
ReplyDeleteSweet Grant, you will always be with us, sweet boy, and we with you... And we will always remember the most precious lessons you have given us. We hold all of you, Connie, Damon, Alexa, Grant and family in our hearts, and love you very much. In your short life, you've had and given it all... havadk, huys, ser, yev mgrdoutiun... faith, hope, love, and baptism. God's Grant is our angel.
ReplyDeleteWith love and prayers,
Auntie Ani, Uncle Armenio, Sophene and Daron
Damon & Connie, there are no words... I've typed and retyped trying to find something to say to ease the pain,but there are no words. May your precious baby boy find comfort in God's loving arms as well as Alexa and both of you.
ReplyDeleteAll our love,
David & Patti
no words, no rhyme or reason for any of this. we are all sending you all our love and healing. our thoughts and prayers are always with you and sweet, beautiful baby grant.
ReplyDeletenithya & brady
There are no words to ease the pain and the sadness. Grant is a beautiful and precious little boy who has touched all of our hearts. We have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteMike & Sue
Dear Damon, Connie, Alexa, and Grant, Uncle Phil and I only wish we could be there to hold and hug each one of you. Connie, Thank You for introducing us to Grant through such a memorable blog. What an incredible family the four of you make, and if I may quote this appropriate verse, "Grant unto us O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him." Love, Aunt Monica and Uncle Phil
ReplyDeleteConnie, Damon, and Alexa, our hearts and prayers go out to you.
ReplyDeleteJeana sat and read the update to some of our younger children tonight while I was gone so they could truly understand while they said prayers.
We can't help to look at Grant's eyes and you just get this sense in all the pictures that no matter what is happening, Grant seems to have a bit of twinkle that seems to say that he knows, "I am loved".
He knows your love and you have done such a wonderful job of showing him that love in this difficult and short time. As best you can, find peace and solace in knowing that he certainly knows your love for him despite all the pain he has faced.
Love, Lanny, Jeana, and the Brown kiddos.
Damon, Connie & Alexa,
ReplyDeleteWe are so saddened to hear today's blog. We pray for Grant every night and tonight we pray that he is as comfortable as possible. Through your blog and stories from everyone who has met him, Grant has taken a piece of our heart.
We are sending our love, prayers and strength to you. We love you all.
Chris, Denyse and Ella Rabbat
Damon, Connie and Alexa,
ReplyDeleteOur hearts break for precious Grant. Our love and prayers are with you, and we pray that the Lord give you strength and solace.
Grant has touched our lives and our hearts. Thank you for letting us know and love him.
Love,
Eric, Nicole and Ava Rustigian
God Bless little Grant.
ReplyDeletePang and I are extremely saddened to hear the latest update. Our prayers and thoughts go out to all of you. Love, Janet & Pang
ReplyDeleteConnie - I hope that you will all find strength in each other and have peace in your decisions that you have made along the way. Grant is an amazing little guy with wonderful parents and family. I pray that he will have comfort in these upcoming days. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. -Sara (Koeper) Lawrence
ReplyDeleteConnie, My heart, my mind and soul are with you at this time. You are a brave woman and I ask God to give you the strenght necessary to overcome such situation. I wish I could do more than just give you moral support. If you need anything, I am here to help.
ReplyDeleteLuis Paredes
Dear Connie and family,
ReplyDeleteMay God give you strength, courage and peace. Grant is blessed to have such a loving, nurturing family. His precious smile has touched my heart. I will continue to pray for Grant and your family.
Love, Bev (Poelker) Shupe
Damon, Connie and Alexa,
ReplyDeleteMy heart breaks for all of you during this unimaginable time; I am so sorry that you ever had to experience any of this. You all have been such an inspiration to me and a pillar of hope during such a trying time. Although we never met, I will always have a special place in my heart for Granty. You and him will never be far from my heart/thoughts and prayers. Whenever and whatever you need, I am here for you always.
All of my love,
Chrissy
My heart is breaking for you all, and with you all. Take every moment, as I know you will, to talk to him, to kiss his head, his lips, his fingertips, his toes. May God ensure that Grant is pain-free during this time. May God give you the strength and courage to go through this. Grant's smile and his spirit will be in your hearts forever, and in the hearts of everyone that loves him too.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless you all,
Jen, Mike, Matthew, Jarrod, and Josh Searle
Crushed.
ReplyDeleteI have been trying all day to think of something to write. You guys are such amazing parents. You are truly a inspiration to us all. Grant came into this world to teach us all the true meaning of life. Our lives will be better have known Grant or should I say Granty(as Alexa would say). Everyday we will pray for strength for you, Damon & Alexa.
ReplyDeleteLove you all,
Mike, Jenny, Gabriella(BFF, ANgelo & Nicholas Mantione
Damon and Connie, I am at a loss for words… My heart deeply hurts. I am very thankful we were able to visit with little Grant yesterday. I felt the love and strength you have for Grant. I cannot imagine the pain you are feeling right now. He is the most courageous and brave little boy. He has deeply touched my heart. I am so sorry! Precious Alexa, my heart goes out to you sweetie… You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers.. Love, Elizabeth
ReplyDeletePlease know that your family is in our thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing Grant's story on this BLOG. May God grant you peace which surpasses all understanding at this time.
ReplyDeleteThe DuCharme Family- Ed, Melissa, Alec and Emily (Grant's Uncle Steve is Emily's Godfather)
Connie,
ReplyDeleteI can only imagine what you and Damon are going through. I am sending as many prayers as I can your way. Know that all three of you are in our thoughts. Sending love your way....
God bless little Grant.
Connie and Damon and Alexa,
ReplyDeleteI can not find the words but my heart is crying out to all of you and your extended family. Grant has always been an angel to me. I have carried his birth announcement picture with me since you sent it. He is so very special and so very loved. You are so right Connie, Grant is a hero and a fighter and a beautiful son. I am praying very hard for him and you and all of your family. Love, Aunt Mary