Happy Eight-Month Birthday, Granty! It seems like June 3rd was a long time ago, not just eight short months. Fittingly, tonight we attended a Super Bowl party at the home of friends with whom we'd become (sort of re-) acquainted because of Granty. Good things truly did come about because of him....
All weekend, Alexa's been planning her birthday party, trying to decide what theme she wants, the kind of cake, etc... I think she's settled on a gymnastics-themed party, so the two of us spent a lot of time looking at party ideas on the Internet. I have always loved planning her birthday parties and devoting way more time than I probably should to ensuring the perfect party. From the hand-drawn design for her first birthday cake, to the Sesame Street cutouts for her second birthday, to making over 100+ cake pops for her third birthday, I absolutely love doing these seemingly over-the-top things to make sure it has the perfect "Connie" touch. I think I'm nearly as excited as Alexa for her fourth birthday...this gymnastics theme is going to be fun!
Whether it was the thought of party planning or the creative things Alexa and I saw on the Internet (Pinterest.com is brimming with pretty amazing ideas), I decided that I would bring something different to the Super Bowl party. As I tapped into my creative juices (and the Kellogg's website) to make Cocoa Rice Krispies footballs, I could only surmise what types of things I would be doing for Granty's parties. I have become pretty good with the girlie things, so it would have been quite a change to focus on boys' themes like sports, superheroes, trucks...
Happy Eight-Month Birthday, Granty! Those Rice Krispies footballs were definitely in honor of you, my little boy!
![]() |
| Our angel is born - June 3, 2012....one of the happiest days of my life. |
| The Rice Krispies footballs (my piping was a bit rushed...) |

Connie, The footballs are great. I think I will steal it for next year. Just want you and Damon to know Grant was in our thoughts and prayers at Mass this morning and as always in our hearts. We saw a little guy in church and immediately I teared up, life certainly isn't fair but we accept what is thrown our way and find the good in all of it. Granty does keep me focused. Happy 8 month B.D. Granty. Love Joanne
ReplyDelete