Monday, May 20, 2013

A Threshold I'd Rather Not Cross...

May 20, 2013.  Today's date was stuck in my head, and I was racking my brain all day trying to figure out the significance of the date.  I could not shake the feeling that this date was important for some reason; I even searched through old Outlook calendars and e-mails to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

Whether it's my innate finance geekiness or a mother's intuition, as I was fiddling in an Excel file today, I did some quick math and realized the significance of today.  Today marked the 176th day after Granty's death, meaning we have officially passed the threshold for being without him longer than we physically had him with us.  Sadly, we were lucky enough to have our Granty for only 175 days.  It really does seem like a lifetime since I last had the opportunity to hold my boy, snuggle with him and hear his signature sigh.

There are days and moments where I would give anything to turn back time, wishing that I could enjoy Granty for just a little bit longer....




1 comment:

  1. So precious, I cannot imagine what you and your family have gone through in these past months. I know I haven't had a day go by since Granty's passing that I don't think of him every day, and I never had the pleasure of meeting such a powerful person. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete