Monday, May 6, 2013

First Speech

Back to normal...in addition to the normal Monday fatigue, Alexa was still recovering from the relatively late flight yesterday.  Taco night seemed to make things a little better though....

As we were in the grocery store tonight, Alexa told me she wanted me to hear her speech from Granty's golf tournament.  Before the trip, Damon and I had asked Alexa if she wanted to give a speech at the dinner, and she quickly agreed - - she is fifty-percent Armenian, after all.  We prepped her with a few things to say, but the rest was left to her own accord.  However, when it came time to speak at the tournament, she wasn't quite able to find the words.  I think she saw tonight as an opportunity for redemption. 

These are not her words verbatim, as I was shopping in the produce department at the time, but it captures the gist of her message:
"Thank you for coming tonight.  I am happy to be at this golf tournament for Granty...I love him very much.  He was the best baby brother and the cutest little baby you've ever seen.  I miss my Granty, and I love him so so much."

Not bad at all for her very first speech.... :)

Granty would be very proud of his doting big sister.



1 comment:

  1. Alexa, what a beautiful speech in honor of your little brother. I am sure he was very proud of you as we all are. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete