Tuesday night became Pizza Night at the Hovannisian household. After I picked up Alexa from Aftercare, I had all intentions of going home to make a reduced-fat chicken Parmesan recipe for dinner. However, on the car ride home, Alexa provided an unsolicited suggestion of pizza for dinner. I did tell her about the chicken parm option, but it didn't take too much convincing to make me detour to the grocery store to pick up a frozen pizza instead. We did add some mushrooms to make it a little more healthy! I had to laugh when I was talking to my sister Terri tonight, as she relayed her frustrations with her limited kitchen during a complete remodel.....I would have no problem being "forced" to get takeout every night. In fact, a limited kitchen might be my dream kitchen!
I think Alexa is starting to realize that I am not the world's greatest cook. As the two of us munched on our pizza tonight, she asked me if I liked to cook. I told her that it's not my favorite thing to do, but I reminded her that I had added mushrooms to the pizza tonight. She wasn't impressed, as she responded, "No, Mommy. I am talking about real cooking - - like the people in Daddy's restaurant." Ouch - I guess she already forgot about our lasagna-making two weekends ago. I'm starting to think it's time for some one's first E-Z Bake Oven!
 |
| A future chef? |
Connie, please tell Alexa Makenna is always wanting to cook with Jojo and she is welcome anytime. So far, Kenna's favorite baking is Chocolate Chip Cookies and her favorite cuisine is Mac & Cheese (ugh). We made Shrimp and Lobster Bisque one afternoon and she couldn't even taste it, although Maddie loved it. I hope her palate will change with age. We will see. Love Joanne
ReplyDelete