Since I was not home in time last night to take Alexa to swimming lessons, I scheduled a make-up lesson for her tonight. Needless to say, she wasn't too excited about the make-up class, but she pushed through and had another good lesson. On our way home from swim, Alexa began to have a very philosophical discussion with me about Granty. As usual, she caught me completely off-guard, but I always love to hear how her mind works.
The conversation started off simply enough, as Alexa recounted how much she misses Granty and continued to tag him as "the cutest baby she'd ever seen." Later in the conversation, Alexa asked if Granty was learning to walk in heaven. It's interesting to think that Granty is forever five months-old to most of us, but through Alexa's perspective, he is growing up and doing all the things babies are supposed to do. The discussion became a bit heavier, ask Alexa asked if Granty missed us and who holds him when he cries. Oof. I tried my best to explain heaven again, but I reminded Alexa that as long as we keep Granty in our hearts, he will know that we miss him just as much as he misses us. Remembering him and talking about him will make Granty happy and make him feel special. These answers seemed to satisfy her, but I will admit I hastily turned on the rear seat entertainment system to try to distract her. This was too tough of conversation for me after a very long week.
| My two little monkeys...with a stuffed one too. Granty wasn't too happy about this picture. |
No comments:
Post a Comment