Tuesday, May 14, 2013

One Year Later

I am in Los Angeles for business meetings this week, so thankfully Nana Hovey made the trip to Scottsdale to stay with Alexa for three days.  I have a feeling Nana will be teaching Alexa some good techniques for saying her "L's" and "R's" over the next few days.

My trip to LA has felt a bittersweet.  Last year I was not able to attend the meetings, as I was too far along in my pregnancy to travel.  Rather, I spent 10+ hours on the phone each day, dialed into each meeting and breakout session.  Although it is nice to attend the meetings in-person - being on the phone for 10-hours each day was brutal - it still elicits some tough emotions to think about what has happened in just twelve short months.

Tonight's "team-building" activity was the Dodgers-Nationals game; I was bummed these meetings were not next week when the Dodgers play the Cardinals.  However, it was Matt Kemp Bobblehead Night, so I do have my brother-in-law Larry's birthday (in August) shopping complete.  It was a fun game and had a good turnout, but it was no Cardinals game...lol.

I found this picture of Granty on my computer
today...cuddling with Fredbird.  So peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment