As Alexa and I were getting out of the car tonight, our neighbors were driving by and stopped to say "Hi." Bob and Catherine are a very sweet retired couple, and they were heartbroken during our ordeal with Granty. After catching up for a bit, Bob asked me if I heard about our other neighbor (the ambulance ordeal from last Thursday); unfortunately the neighbor passed away at 91 years-old. Catherine told me he had a good life, but nevertheless, it's always sad to have to deal with death.
When we were walking into the house, I could only think about my neighbor living for 91 wonderful years, versus my Granty's five short months. I know there's no logic, but I oftentimes try to rationalize as much as I can for my own peace of mind. I'll never understand the "Why" of what happened to Granty, but I can only surmise that my amazing little boy accomplished everything he was intended to do in just 175 days. Just as Catherine assured me that my neighbor had 91 good years, I know that Granty had five wonderful months. I should only be so fortunate to live five months of my own life as fully as Granty lived his. He was (is) nothing short of remarkable.
| Living his life to the fullest - - enjoying an afternoon on the patio in his Bumbo seat. |
No comments:
Post a Comment