Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Personal Training

Now that it's light out around 5am, I need to start to get up earlier so I can knock out my workouts in the morning.  It is not always easy to get motivated to run on the treadmill at 8:30pm.  Thankfully, I do have my personal trainer Alexa to push me to workout; she's quite the drill sergeant!

Alexa and I usually do weights and abs side-by-side, and when it's time for me to get on the treadmill, she perches on the bed to get a birds-eye view of my run.  I never knew that watching me on the treadmill could be more entertaining than "My Little Pony."  As Alexa was encouraging me on the treadmill ("Faster, Mommy!  Run Faster!"), I could not help but think about the "personal training" sessions that Granty endured at the hands of his grandmothers.  He was not a fan of the workouts, but NeNe and Nana Hovey were just as persistent as Alexa in the training department.  Persistence seems to be a trait on both sides of the family....

Granty began rolling over at a very early age (just two months old!), but the amount of time we spent in the hospital coupled with all of his medical devices (broviac in his chest, NG tube) seemed to slow his fast-tracked development.  However, the wonderful staff in the Oncology unit of PCH arranged for a mat in his room, providing him more tummy time, and the Physical Therapy team visited Granty as well.  When we left the hospital, the PT group provided me with a list of strength-building exercises that could be done at home.  NeNe and Nana Hovey took that list and ran with it....Granty had some good workout sessions on his rain forest playmat his trainers!

Working on his core strength & building those biceps!

No comments:

Post a Comment