Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Anticipation Is Building...

For over a week now, Alexa has been eagerly anticipating Thursday, May 2nd....it is Mom's Day at Montessori school.  I did not have the opportunity to volunteer for a Park Day this year, so I knew my attendance was a "must" tomorrow.  Thankfully the appointment and meeting gods were smiling upon me, and my calendar is abnormally free tomorrow morning.  Whew!

During dinner tonight, Alexa was giving me the lowdown of the rules I need to follow when I'm in her classroom in the morning.  No drinking from other people's water bottles, no touching other people's work, raise my hand or touch the teacher's shoulder if I want her attention, no sharing snacks....the list was endless.  She also told me not to wear high heels tomorrow because they're too fancy for the playground.  School rules and fashion advice....oy!

It's flattering to see how excited she is for me to come to her classroom, and I'm just as excited to see Alexa in her element.  I'm very curious to see some of the lessons she talks about - - the "metal inset" work and "insect" lessons are very popular with Alexa these days.  I finally get to see what she's talking about instead of politely nodding my head and saying, "Oh... that's nice."  It should be a very fun experience tomorrow morning (& my buddy Jenny will be there for backup too :)!

Hard at work on the Easter eggs...let's hope they''re as dedicated to their school work.

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I read this before we left the house today. I had to quickly change out of my wedge shoes. Alexa did forget 1 rule..no kissing your friends in school...only hugs!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete