Friday, May 31, 2013

Making It Meaningful

Tonight was an event Alexa had been anticipating for weeks, if not months....BFF's Gabriella's birthday party.  Jenny arrange for a cute girls' night out at Make Meaning, where each of the girls made cupcake soaps and received glitter tattoos, followed by Grimaldi's Pizza and Sprinkles cupcakes.  Yum!  Although Alexa and I were both a bit tired, we had a wonderful time celebrating Gabriella's four-year milestone.  I think we need to do girls' night out more often!

As we drove home from the party, Alexa began to discuss how we will celebrate Granty's birthday (Monday).  It was cute to hear her plan his birthday party from the backseat of the car - - she wants to bake a cake for him and decorate it herself.  I'm not quite sure how big the cake will have to be to capture the message she proposed (I'm not even making this up):  "Happy Birthday, poor baby.  I love you very much, and I miss you as my baby brother.  I will blow out your candle for you. I love you, Granty."  Hmm....maybe a Sprinkles cupcake with no room for decoration will be my best bet.  As long as there space for a candle for Alexa to blow out, she will be happy.

Without a doubt, this is going to be a very tough week, but I know we will start a new tradition to honor Granty on his birthday every year.  June 3rd will always be a day of celebration and remembrance of the remarkable life, albeit way too short, of our beloved Granty.

Showing off her new "ink" (or glitter & glue).



No comments:

Post a Comment