Friday, May 24, 2013

Peace Like a River

I took the day off of work today so I could enjoy the Spring Program at Alexa's school in the morning and spend the rest of the day with her.  It was a much-needed break from my very hectic work schedule and a nice chance to have some quality time with my little girl.

Jenny and I planned a playdate for the girls after the performance, a trip to the zoo for its spray ground, so she was kind enough to pick us up this morning so the four of us could ride to the school together.  Alexa was so excited about the prospect about riding to school with her BFF and mom, that she began to ask me if it was time to go starting at 7am and continuing every 5 minutes until they arrived at 8:15am.  Jenny is quite the chauffeur - - in addition to the doorside pick-up, I had a skinny vanilla latte and an iced water waiting for me in the car.  Hmm....I wonder if she wants to start driving to Mesa (where I work) every morning.  lol

The Spring Program was organized similarly to the Christmas one, in which each class came up to perform a signature song.  Alexa's class sang the hymn "I've Got Peace Like a River," a song Alexa had been practicing  for months.  It was so cute to see all of the kids file into the church in their Sunday best; they were arranged by height, so Alexa and BFF Gabriella even got the chance to sit next to each other.  As their class stood together and performed, it definitely sunk in with Jenny and myself that our little girls are not so little anymore.     Then we realized the girls will be graduating high school in 2027....oy.

The program was cute, and their class did a wonderful job belting out "I've Got Peace Like a River."  I have a feeling Alexa will continue to sing this for the weeks and months to come!

A very proud mom...... :)




1 comment:

  1. Connie, just caught up on all the blogs from the last three days, they have been hectic. Makenna graduated from Kindergarten on Thursday and I was there in attendance. I cried almost the entire time as Kenna was 2 when I started watching her. They grow so fast. Congratulations to Alexa on her special day, sounds like it was fun. I know it will be a tough week coming up and please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family. Love & Hugs, Joanne

    ReplyDelete