Monday, May 13, 2013

Meaningful Art

While I was signing Alexa out of Aftercare today, one of her classmates greeted me outside the classroom.  I  see this five year-old girl daily, but out of nowhere, she asked me, "Mrs. Alexa's Mom.  Did Alexa's baby brother like the pictures we made for him?"  I was initially taken aback, but I made sure to let her know that Granty loved all of the beautiful pictures that were made for him.  This simple question really touched me, and I thought about it as Alexa and I drove home.  The children have probably made hundreds of art projects in the past few months, and I was shocked that one of her classmates remembered this activity from October.  Alexa's teachers were so important to our family during those rough few months, and I remember how excited Alexa was the day she came home with the pictures that all of her friends had drawn for her baby brother in the hospital.  It was nice to know the importance of the pictures for Granty resonated with her classmates as well....

As I was putting Alexa to bed tonight, reminding her that I am leaving for Los Angeles for a couple of days, she asked me if Los Angeles was close to heaven.  I had to smile (my CA-born girl obviously doesn't remember the 405 in rush hour traffic...lol), and I reminded her that Granty is always with us in our hearts.  :)

Forever in our hearts....
 

2 comments:

  1. Love this pic. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh that is so cute...the girls have great friends & teachers at mission!

    ReplyDelete