I am so proud and honored of Damon's brother Vincent and sister Gia for coordinating this event; it truly was an amazing tribute to our remarkable little boy. I know the event exceeded all expectations, and I can only imagine how excited the Phoenix Children's Hospital Foundation will be to receive the final tally of the golf, silent auction and dinner. PCH and its wonderful staff grew so close to our hearts in such a short period of time, and I am so thankful that Granty's legacy will continue at such an amazing place.
![]() |
| Tee time |
![]() |
| The best golf socks - - all members of a foursome donned giraffe socks. |
![]() |
| Gorgeous weather for an outdoor dinner & band. |
![]() |
| What a turnout! |
![]() |
| Enjoying the festivities....and guarding a cookie. |





Connie, I can personally vouch for the tremendous job Vince & Gia & the entire Hovey family did on the golf fundraiser. It was a first class event today which included Damon & Alexa in her adorable purple & sparkling giraffe t-shirt greeting many of us to receipt of specially packed goody bags and Granty golf balls stamped with a giraffe. Each golf group also was carefully photographed by Rodney G. as they got ready to begin their 18 hole round of golf. You could sense that the golf teams were having enjoyable times by the occasional cheers that could be heard around the course. Papa Hovey's hot dogs between the 9th & 10th hole also really hit the spot. The dinner was delicious, the live music was terrific and the quality and abundance of auction items were remarkable. Damon, Gia and Vince each gave heartwarming tributes and remembrances of Granty and the support you received from PCH. It was a memorable event at many levels and even though you weren't able to join us in Fresno, your presence definitely was felt among us because of this heartfelt blog you have shared with so many of us. Thank you for letting us take this journey with you.
ReplyDeleteEileen O.
Wow! That looks amazing! I love those giraffe socks! Vincent and Gia did a fantastic job!
ReplyDeleteThank you Connie, for keeping us in the loop!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great honor and tribute to Grant.
Wish we were there to participate.
Judy and Mark
WOW--Vince and Gia thank you so much for the wonderful Golf Tournament in Granty's name. I absolutely love the socks and think they are smashing. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Much love, Joanne
ReplyDelete