The day could not have started off more perfectly, as Alexa and BFF Gabriella, who is in Buffalo, had a FaceTime session. The dynamic between these two is hilarious, and I think Jenny and I were equally as entertained as the girls. Shortly after the FaceTime session, Alexa and I headed off to swimming and gymnastics lessons, followed by a stop at Target, then a quick sandwich for lunch. After a little time at home, we headed off to AirTime trampoline park for a fun birthday party. Whew!
After the hectic pace of today, Alexa and I decided we will take a trip to the Phoenix Zoo tomorrow morning before it gets too hot. Alexa grabbed the "Wild Times" zoo magazine and began to flip through every page and earmarked the "must-see" attractions for our visit tomorrow. In the very back of the magazine, it includes reader-submitted drawings of various animals at the zoo. Alexa loved looking at the pictures; I have a feeling I will be submitting an Alexa-original soon.
After seeing the children's drawings in the back of the zoo's magazine, Alexa was inspired to begin drawing pictures of animals. The first animal she elected to draw, of course, was a giraffe, so I grabbed a stuffed one as a visual aid. The two of us laid on the family room floor with her carousel of crayons and got to work on our masterpieces. After a few attempts (apparently Alexa inherited my perfectionism when it comes to artwork), Alexa had drawn a giraffe to which she proudly printed her name. This is one of those pictures I will file away and keep for the rest of my life, as a giraffe is never simply a giraffe.
| A beautiful giraffe....with an interesting artist's signature. |
| The artist. |
No comments:
Post a Comment