Thursday, May 9, 2013

Home Videos

Damon was playing around with his computer today and began consolidating some of our family videos into his iTunes account.  As you might expect, the star of most of the videos was our first-born, Alexa.  It was fun to watch these videos of Alexa as a baby and a toddler and see the resemblances to the four year-old little girl we have today.  Although she has obviously grown up,  the similarities between "Baby Alexa" and "Pre-School Alexa" are undeniable....the same smirk, mischievous grin and silly laugh.  Knowing how similar Alexa and Granty looked, it was hard not to think of Granty as I watched Alexa grow and mature in those home videos.

When Damon turned on the video of Alexa's first birthday party, it made me too sad - - I had to ask him to turn it off.  As much as  I loved seeing Alexa's smiling (& very round) face in the video, it was too hard for me to watch knowing that we should be having that same experience with Granty in just a few weeks.  I wish Granty had been given the opportunity to have these same milestones in his life.

I know I will never fully be able to rationalize or understand why Granty was dealt such a tough card.  I can only continue to try to build upon his legacy and remember the lessons he taught all of us; I am a better person because of this remarkable little boy and the five months I had with him.  Selfishly, I still wish he was here....

Lounging on the couch - - the smirk is apparently genetic.













No comments:

Post a Comment