Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day!

I vividly remember Damon and I remarking that 2012 would be my last Mother's Day with only one child; sadly, I awoke to one only smiling face again this year.  Today was definitely one of bittersweet celebration, however, I am fortunate to have a wonderful family and friends with whom I was able to spend the day.  Alexa made some beautiful Mother's Day art projects at school that I had seen on Friday, but she was very excited to re-gift them to me again today.  Damon went to two Paradise Bakeries (Panera) to find my special Mother's Day breakfast - - a cinnamon crunch bagel (terrible in the nutrition department, but so good!).  The afternoon was spent with Jenny and Laura, lounging poolside at the Talking Stick Resort.  All things considered, it was a wonderful day....I could not have asked for anything more!  I am truly blessed.

Granty did leave me a gift for which I will be forever grateful - - he made me a better mother.  This little boy brought out the best in me, helping me realize characteristics I never knew I had, and allowing me to recognize the strength that I possess.  He taught me a new perspective on life, forced me to conquer my fears head-on and instilled a sense of gratitude in me to recognize all that is good in my life.  Alexa (& hopefully future sibling(s)) will have a better mom thanks to our beloved Granty.

The loves of my life - - on vacation in San Diego.
XOXO Granty

2 comments:

  1. Connie, you truly are a great mom!! Happy Mother's Day. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Grant & you have made alot of us better moms!!! Loved spending the day with you!!! xo

    ReplyDelete