Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Batting Practice

While shopping today, I saw a cute, pink MLB baseball and bat that I couldn't resist picking up for Alexa.  When we were in St. Louis, she had tried a few swings of the bat at my friend Molly's house, so I figured she would enjoy having her own baseball set.  I figured correctly - - Alexa was very excited to see the bat when I picked her up from Aftercare tonight, although she did ask why the Cardinals and Fredbird were not on it.  My brainwashing of her to be a St. Louis fan has worked!  lol

As soon as we walked in the door, Alexa was ready to break open the packaging and head out to batting practice in the backyard.  I have to laugh whenever I'm showing Alexa how to do something, as she never wants me to show her or help her do it.  She likes to figure everything out for herself (little Connie).  We're still working on her timing - she likes to swing as soon as I toss the ball - but she did get a few decent hits.  I think she'll have the hang of it after a couple more practice sessions.  Heck, after our grueling swimming lessons, everything else seems relatively easy!

Baseball - - way more fun than swimming!

2 comments:

  1. Connie, I think you will be going to T Ball games in the near future. What a CUTIE!! Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE! Dominic could give her a few pointers. He pretends to be Yadi and Jaime Garcia all the time. We'll have to hold a practice session this summer when you come to STL.

    ReplyDelete