Friday, April 19, 2013

Definite Mommy's Girl

If I ever need an esteem boost, I need to look no further than Alexa to get a little boost.  She's definitely been on a Mommy kick over the past few weeks, waking up early to make sure she sees me and wanting me to do everything with her.  I'm not sure what's causing the Mommy-centric behaviors, but it's very flattering and I'm sure short-lived.

This morning I drove Alexa to school, and she was thrilled that I was taking her; you would have thought a rock star was taking her.  She was trying to eek out as many hugs and kisses as she could from me as I was dropping her off in the school's carline, and finally her teacher had to physically pull her out of the car so we didn't cause a traffic jam in the parking lot.  What a great way to start the day!

Over the course of the school year, Alexa was very disappointed that I was never able volunteer for her classroom's Park Day.  Obviously the first half of the school year was not an option because of everything going on with Granty, and the Park Days during second semester have always coincided with Executive meetings at work.  However, I think I finally have a chance to redeem myself.....  When I picked up Alexa from Aftercare, she handed me an invitation for Mom's Day at her school on May 2nd.  She begged, "Please please please can you come to my school that day!?!"  There was no way I could say know to her request; I will definitely be clearing my calendar that morning. :)

My little BFF.




No comments:

Post a Comment