After a busy morning at gymnastics and a playdate at the playground, Alexa told me multiple times this afternoon that she was tired. She asked me if she could watch an extra television show, so I turned on an episode of "My Little Pony" in my bedroom, hoping she would fall asleep. About 45 minutes passed, so I assumed Alexa had fallen asleep after the half-hour show. I went into the bedroom, expecting to turn off the television, and instead of being sound-asleep on the bed, Alexa was curled up with Damon's iPad watching an episode of "Modern Family." Knowing she was caught in the act of something she wasn't supposed to be doing, Alexa shot me a look that was identical to one I give - - upward eyes coupled with a furrowed eyebrow. I couldn't help but laugh - I felt like I was reprimanding myself!
It was another day of great weather here in Arizona, so after Alexa went to bed tonight, Alstott (my loyal puggle) and I enjoyed some time outside on the back patio. As I sat on the couch, all I could think about were the hours I spent on that same couch with Granty. Since his exposure to public places was so limited, I would take him outside whenever I could, whether it was just holding him while he slept on my chest or playing with my vivacious and happy little boy. Although Alstott is quite the snuggler, it's definitely not the same. I really miss my Granty....
 |
| The Look....Alexa version. |
 |
| Precious moments on the couch. |
Connie, was glad to hear you had some "Me"time but usually that gives in to memories, just wish it could be easier. Love you lots, Joanne
ReplyDelete