Friday, April 26, 2013

Artwork for an Angel

Friday is normally the highlight of Alexa's week - it's pizza day at school, and it also means that Mommy brings home a "Mr. Jim's cookie."  One of the guys in my office, Jim (who grew up in a bakery family), makes amazing chocolate chip cookies and brings them to work every Friday; I always make sure to snag one for Alexa.  However, I worked in a different office than my usual one today, so I wasn't able to bring home a "Mr. Jim's cookie" for Alexa.  Instead, we went to Safeway and I let Alexa pick out the cake mix and icing so that we could make cupcakes tonight.  Not one of Jim's famous cookies, but not a bad substitute :)

As we were making the cupcakes, Alexa began to ask me about angels.  Alexa asked what exactly an angel is and where angels live.  Wow - talk about being caught off-guard.  I tried my best to provide concise answers for her questions and also tried to discover what prompted these thoughts.  I still don't know exactly what triggered these questions, but I was able to surmise that someone told Alexa that Granty is an angel now.  Alexa ended the conversation by asking if she could send a card to an angel, as she had a picture she made for Granty.  :)

Granty's a popular guy for artwork these days.  Our friends Keith and Jen sent us a picture of the Relay for Life luminaria that their daughter Caroline, who is one year older than Alexa, decorated in honor of Granty.  Our little boy's legacy continues....

My little baker....funfetti cupcakes w/chocolate icing.

Grant's luminaria - his light continues to shine.
Thank you House family!

No comments:

Post a Comment