Monday, April 1, 2013

Season Opener

Play ball!

Tonight was the official Opening Day of the MLB season, and the Cardinals are in Arizona for the first series of the season (their only series in AZ).  The 7:10pm start time of the St. Louis-Arizona game tonight was pretty late for a season opener (dang ESPN), so I planned a special Opening Day "picnic" for Alexa.  We enjoyed a light dinner (Alexa had a little bout with a stomach bug last night) on a beach towel, and it was highlighted with some Cracker Jack for dessert.  Dinner was long-over by the time the baseball game started, but Alexa made it through the third inning before her interest in the game waned.  Her stomach bug reappeared in the bottom of the 4th inning, coincidentally when the game started to go downhill for the Cards.....oh well, 161 games to go.

We have tickets to tomorrow night's Cardinals game (6:40 pm start), so we'll play it by ear to see if we'll be there in person to cheer on St. Louis.  Regardless of whether we make it to the game in AZ, I am extremely excited to be at the Home Opener in St. Louis next Monday...it should be a great time!

A St. Louis girl at heart...with a yogurt-covered shirt.



2 comments:

  1. Bring the Cards some good luck.....Garcia is pitching, so we'll need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, thought of all of you last evening but I couldn't stay up for the entire game, old age I guess. Like you say 161 to go. This season Granty will be with us for every game, as I love the pictures of him with Fredbird and decked out in his cardinal attire. Love Joanne

    ReplyDelete