Happy Easter!
My alarm went off promptly at 5:30am, and Damon kindly volunteered to venture out to the backyard to hide the plastic eggs I had filled for Alexa. After 6am, I heard Alexa excitedly talking in the kitchen, having seen her Easter basket on the island. She reviewed the contents of the basket, proclaiming the Easter Bunny gave her everything she wanted. Success! The Easter egg hunt in the backyard was an even bigger hit, as she found the eggs filled with Goldfish crackers, fruit snacks, silly band bracelets, Skittles, pretzel M&M's and jellybeans. I thought this was a pretty good variety, but I think Alexa cracked open each egg and expected to find something different in each one. This Easter Bunny buys in bulk.... :) Nevertheless, she was thrilled with her haul, and the whirlwind morning was complete by 7am!
After a delicious brunch buffet at The Roaring Fork restaurant, Damon unfortunately had to go to work since he had taken off on Thursday. Alexa and I were initially planning to have dinner at Wildfish, but the brunch left us absolutely stuffed...I don't think either of us thought about food all day. And if you know Alexa and her love of snacking, you can only imagine how full we were after brunch! Alexa and I spent the rest of our day making Easter arts & crafts and enjoying some time outside in the beautiful weather, staying busy with the hula hoop, trampoline and bubbles.
Despite the joy of the day, I know all of us felt a sense of sadness without our Granty. Last Easter, I was over seven months pregnant - - it's almost a surreal feeling to know that I still had to assemble only one Easter basket a year later....we miss our boy and a day doesn't pass without thinking of him. Papa Hovey paid a visit to him today for us.
 |
| XOXO |
 |
| That crazy bunny didn't eat all of his carrots.... |
 |
| One heavy basket. :) |
 |
| Checking out the haul - and sneaking a few jellybeans for breakfast. |
 |
| Happy Easter!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment