Saturday, March 16, 2013

Warming Up

After some unseasonably cool weeks, the weather has finally returned to normal in Arizona, with temperatures creeping up to 90-degrees.  Yah!  Alexa and I took advantage of the beautiful weather and enjoyed an afternoon outside - - taking a swim in our pool for the first time this year.  I have a new level of respect for what Coach Anthony and Coach Nick endure each week...this little girl is strong and has a solid grip!  We did practice some of her swimming maneuvers, with my hope that this additional practice will increase her comfort level in the water.  If the wonderful weather continues, my goal is to take her in the pool at least one to two nights a week.  I figure the more practice the better!

As we were swimming around this afternoon, I couldn't help but think how easy - - too easy - - things have become with only one kiddo.  I remember the last time Alexa and I were swimming, I had the baby monitor perched by the pool, listening for Granty to wake up from his nap.  I wish I could have taken little G in the pool, but his broviac and NG tube prevented him from getting in the pool.  He love his baths so much, I can only imagine the fun he'd be having splashing around in the beautiful sunshine.  He'd probably be teaching Alexa how to swim in a couple more months - lol.  There's a cute pair of untouched swim trunks in his armoire - oh, how I wish......

The Hovey girls get ready to swim....
Happy that the pool water is no longer frigid!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like we need to take a vacay to AZ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful girls enjoying the sun and water....how wonderful. The weather here is awful--cold, rainy and snowy...UGH! But we will have pretty weather some day. Love to all, Joanne

    ReplyDelete