It's hard to believe this week is over....Alexa's had quite the Spring Break with NeNe and Papa, and today was highlighted by a trip to the spray ground with BFF Gabriella (thank you, Jenny!). It's going to be a rude awakening for Alexa on Monday morning when she returns to school. I'm sure Alexa won't be the only one suffering from a Spring Break 'hangover'.
I think I'm also going to get a rude awakening on Monday, as my parents fly back to St. Louis tomorrow morning. Just as Alexa has enjoyed every minute of their visit, I've also become spoiled by having my laundry done, dishes washed, dinner waiting for me when I get home from work.... It has been wonderful having them in-town, and I've been dropping subtle hints about their need for a winter home here in Scottsdale. I figure I don't have too much competition from my siblings when it comes to locale for a winter home (Chicago, Milwaukee and Denver).... I'm pretty sure that won't happen, so we'll just continue to enjoy their visits, and I know Alexa will eagerly await their next week-long stay.
I think I'm also going to get a rude awakening on Monday, as my parents fly back to St. Louis tomorrow morning. Just as Alexa has enjoyed every minute of their visit, I've also become spoiled by having my laundry done, dishes washed, dinner waiting for me when I get home from work.... It has been wonderful having them in-town, and I've been dropping subtle hints about their need for a winter home here in Scottsdale. I figure I don't have too much competition from my siblings when it comes to locale for a winter home (Chicago, Milwaukee and Denver).... I'm pretty sure that won't happen, so we'll just continue to enjoy their visits, and I know Alexa will eagerly await their next week-long stay.
My cousin Emily sent me this picture from the St. Louis Zoo today, as her family went and paid a visit to Granty's giraffes. She said Granty must have been smiling down on them today, as the weather was sunny and in the 70's, a contrast to the dreary weather they've been having. She also did a little browsing in the gift shop....looks like I'm going to have to buy Alexa a bracelet next time we're in St. Louis! With all of this giraffe stuff I "have" to buy, I'm starting to wish Granty had a more obscure animal association (maybe a mongoose.... :)
![]() |
| Granty's Giraffes at the St. Louis Zoo. |
![]() |
| A "must-buy" bracelet for Alexa. |


Um, someone may have already purchased the above item :)
ReplyDeleteBe looking in the mail!
the splash pad was so much fun!!!
ReplyDelete