However, the one good part about swimming is that she was completely exhausted by the end of her lesson, and she actually fell asleep on the car ride home and didn't wake up when I moved her to bed. This was the perfect opportunity for me to get to work on the decor elements for her party. I've quickly learned that a gymnastics-themed party is not nearly as popular as princesses, Hello Kitty, dance, etc. As a result, I've been left to my own creative devices for the decor for Alexa's birthday party. So I don't spoil the surprise, I will wait until her party on Sunday to post the pictures. However, I was explaining a few of the things to my sister Terri last night, and I could practically see her shaking her head at me all the way in Milwaukee. What can I say - - the birthday parties are the one time a year that I'm able to unleash my creative self from my normal finance/analytical persona. It should be a fun day on Sunday....at least Alexa's of the age where she's starting to appreciate all of my hard work!
Tomorrow will be an exiting day - both sets of grandparents fly into town!
![]() |
| Flashback to Alexa's 2nd birthday - Sesame Street. |
| Wow - how she's grown up in two years! |

Connie, Please don't put us to shame, especially we Grandmothers with no creativity. Her 2nd year decorations look great! Can't wait to see her 4 year old birthday theme. Enjoy, wish I lived closer to see her excitement. Love, Auntie Gail
ReplyDelete