I was looking forward to Alexa's doctor's appointment, as it was an opportunity for me to see Dr. Z. and Nurse Nichole, both of whom were major parts of Granty's life. Nichole is the nurse that Grant always cooed and smiled at....she was Granty's first 'girlfriend' (I don't think her husband Joe was too threatened), and she became a very good friend to our family. This dynamic duo of Dr. Z. and Nichole went above and beyond whenever it came to Granty, so Alexa's appointment was a good chance to see them again and catch-up. One of the positives about the experience with Grant has been the relationships we've developed with some of the wonderful people who cared for our little boy. I have a feeling many of these relationships will evolved into life-long friendships....
SWIM UPDATE - - Let's just say there were more tears shed at swimming than there were at the doctor's office after getting 4 shots (one in each thigh and each arm). Not a good lesson at all...she was doing everything in her power to make sure Coach Anthony did not let go of her, and she began crying (and negotiating) every time he tried to get out of her grasp. Let's hope tonight's lesson was related to tiredness and her Sunday lesson will be an improvement.
| Nichole and I at the Run to Fight Cancer.... What an awesome show of support for her 'boyfriend' Granty! |
No comments:
Post a Comment