I think Alexa's getting excited for the 2013 baseball season...we've been practicing her recitation of the St. Louis Cardinals lineup, and she even cheers for Puerto Rico in the WBC because of two Cardinals - Yadier Molina and Carlos Beltran - on their roster. Yadier Molina is her favorite player, largely because he sports the number four (since that's how old she is), and she loves to chant "YA-DI! YA-DI!" Tonight she needed help with something in the playroom, and while I was in the kitchen, I started to hear the chant, "MOM-MY! MOM-MY!" in the same rhythm of the "YA-DI" chant. That's my girl....
I made a comment to Alexa about how much she likes the Cardinals, and she responded, "And Granty loved the Cardinals too! He's a boy, so he could have played on the Cardinals with Yadi." It made me very happy to hear Alexa think so fondly of her baby brother. I immediately thought of my brother's speech at the luncheon after Granty's funeral, in which Steve said he would always associate Granty with the team. Granty seemingly had a never-ending collection of Cardinals apparel, bibs, etc... along with his beloved stuffed Fredbird. It's no coincidence that we've incorporated this little boy we love so much into everything we love (or like a lot) in life, like the St. Louis Cardinals. :)
Our other Cardinals fan - - he amassed quite the
collection of Cardinals gear over his life.
Connie, the season is right around the corner and everytime I read the Sports Page and the Cardinal I think of Granty. I often pass the disposal diapers with the Cardinal logo on it and wish that Granty was still with us so that I could send them to him. The above photo has always been my favorite of him. Love Always, Joanne
ReplyDeleteLove that little Granty found comfort in his freebird, but... if I'm not mistaken, I believe that the San Francisco Giants have not 1 but 2 World Series pennants in the last 3 years.. Sorry Connie, I couldn't help myself! Continue healing. May God bless you, Damon, & adorable Alexa.. Looking forward to May 4th. Fore!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove to all,
Cousin Patti