Saturday, March 30, 2013

Excitement is Building....

The excitement and anticipation of Easter culminated today for Alexa....

Unlike most kids, Alexa's favorite holiday, hands-down, is Easter.  I welcomed her excitement for the holiday, as it was much easier for me to share her enthusiasm now versus this past December with Christmas.  As I took an inventory of the items I bought and stuffed 30+ plastic eggs (the egg hunt will take forever tomorrow morning!), I realized I probably went a bit overboard.  I still haven't gotten the hang of scaling back to one kiddo.  Oh well...the Easter basket items - a My Little Pony and matching beach towel, electric toothbrush, hair clips, etc. - are all items that will get plenty of use.

Tonight was the easiest night I have ever experienced when getting her ready for bed - - at 5 o'clock, she was already asking me if it was time to go to bed so the Easter Bunny could come.  She was even straightening up the house with me, wanting to make sure there were no trip hazards for the famed bunny.  It's too bad Easter cannot be every day.

I already had Damon turn off the sprinkler system in the yard, so the only thing left is to remember not to let Alstott outside in the morning after I hide the eggs.  Otherwise, we will have the shortest egg hunt ever, as our puggle is sure to find each of the eggs if there's food inside them!

As I set out her Easter basket on the island in the kitchen, Alexa asked me why Granty didn't have a basket with his name on it like she does.  She always seems to catch me off-guard with these questions!  Thankfully, my response that he had his "Grant" Easter basket in heaven seemed to satisfy her concern (good thing she didn't ask about shipping!).  It still makes me happier than anything to know that she's still watching out for her baby brother.

The "Alexa" basket of goodies....

No comments:

Post a Comment