Monday, March 4, 2013

S'mores Galore

I have to admit - Alexa's enthusiasm and excitement for her birthday is contagious.  You cannot help but get excited along with her as she gears up for the big day.  She has such grandiose plans for life and celebration has she approaches the four-year mark.  It's fun to see the world through the eyes of a kid sometimes, especially as I've begun to dread my own birthday as the years have passed....

Tonight Alexa was eager to assemble the treat bags she's bringing for her birthday snack tomorrow.  The two of us scoured the Internet (Pinterest) looking for the perfect treat to bring for her friends; I think she must have had about fifty ideas for different snacks.  After a lot of discussion, and some subtle coaching from me (avoiding anything that required me to cook/bake), she settled upon s'mores mix.  Hallelujah!  This was probably the easiest option of all she had reviewed - it's simply a mix of Golden Grahams cereal, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.  At Hobby Lobby I had even found some adorable treat bags that matched the color scheme of her gymnastics stickers perfectly.

Putting my manufacturing background to good use, I created an assembly line of the cereal, marshmallows (minus one bag that Alstott pulled off the pantry shelf and devoured last night), and chocolate chips - complete with a measuring cup at each station.  However, I quickly realized Alexa quite share my vision for an organized assembly process.  Haha.  Thankfully, thirty minutes of 'Sophia the Great' provided me with exactly the time I needed to make the 27 bags.  :)

Given Alexa's reaction when she saw the bags lined up on the counter, I think I made my almost four-year-old girl very happy....I hope her classmates like the treats as much as she does.

Very happy to see the finished product....
The s'mores bags - complete with coordinating gymnastics stickers.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, aren't you turning into the crafty one! Sophia's birthday is next month. We're doing Minnie Mouse theme. You want to take care of that one for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I will start calling you Martha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Connie, how absolutely adorable. I cannot believe Alexa is turning four. What a great mom you are, to take the time to create exactly what she wanted for her classmates. Alexa, if I were there I would swipe a bag like Alstodt as S'Mores are one of my favorite treats. Love to all, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, Alexa!!!! We love you & cant wait to celebrate with you!! Love, Ms. Jenny, Mr. Mike, BFF Gabriella, Angelo & Nicholas

    Great Job Connie!!!

    ReplyDelete