Since neither Damon nor I have a drop of Irish heritage in our blood, I have to admit this is one holiday that we don't really celebrate. I had actually forgotten it was this weekend until Alexa's gymnastics coach jokingly chided me for sending Alexa in a hot pink leotard without a stitch of green yesterday. I did redeem myself today and made sure Alexa donned her green-striped bikini for swimming lessons. I have gotten better about making sure to wear green, as for Alexa's first St. Patrick's Day, my friend Molly was aghast that Alexa had no green in her wardrobe whatsoever, so she send Alexa a cute monogrammed green "A" shirt. I even planned to make corned beef for dinner tonight, but Damon saw the leftover Costco hot dogs in the freezer and deemed that a better option. Maybe next year.... :)
Like yesterday, today was another busy day with Alexa - - the workweek is going to seem like a relaxing get-away. After practicing our gymnastics on her equipment this morning (my skills have definitely waned from 20 years ago), we spent over an hour and a half in the pool this afternoon. Even a post-swim trampoline session did not wear her out...whew! Maybe we do need to get a foam pit at the house...lol.
Granty did have green in his wardrobe and toys,
including his beloved Bumbo seat. (love this pic)
Didn't celebrate St. Patrick's Day?!?!? Next thing, you're going to tell me you didn't celebrate Pi Day last week, too! What is this world coming to? I will send Alexa another shirt for next March!
ReplyDeletedont forget her bff did bring her a st. pattys day cookie....it might of been eaten before she got home.LOL!!!!!
ReplyDelete