Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Happy Birthday, Alexa!

Today was Alexa's much-anticipated birthday - I don't think this day could have come soon enough for her.  She was still sleeping when I left the house this morning, but I did get a phone call before she went to school - her excitement was palpable.  Not only did she have a big school day ahead, complete with the birthday treats and blowing out a candle in front of her classmates, but a trip to Chuck E Cheese was on the docket for this evening.  I don't think life gets much better than that in the eyes of a four year-old!

Since Alexa will be having her official birthday party on Sunday, Damon and I had decided we would take Alexa and BFF Gabriella out tonight.  I have to admit, Chuck E Cheese on a Tuesday was not bad at all.  There were maybe 10 other families there, so the girls had all of the games at their disposal.  It was cute to watch them race around and burn through the tokens...I can picture them doing the same thing in a casino when they turn 21.  lol.  Both girls had a great time, and Damon and I enjoyed watching the two of them together.

In some ways it's hard to believe Alexa is already four...I still remember the day she was born like it was yesterday.  However, as Damon and I listened to the girls discuss their lip gloss on the way to Chuck E Cheese, there was no denying how quickly she has grown up.  Granty's going to have his work cut out for him as he watches over his big sister in the years to come.

The best of friends...so excited to be at Chuck E Cheese.
Birthday (Easter) cookies and milk at Paradise Bakery to round out the big day.

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday alexa! time goes by too fast when kids are involved...they grow so quickly. glad you guys enjoyed alexa's birthday..can't wait to hear about the bday party this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy, Happy Birthday Miss Alexa!! Wish we lived closer to enjoy your Birthday. Sounds like Mommy and Daddy have a special weekend planned for you. Can't wait to see the pictures. Love, Auntie Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Alexa, already four. Sounds like you had a great day. Can't wait to hear Nene's report on the party on the weekend. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete