Because of the upcoming Easter holiday and the following week's trip to St. Louis, Alexa has two consecutive Thursdays of gymnastics from 4-5pm, following by her usual swimming lesson from 6-6:30pm. Needless to say, it is a bit tough from me to get out of the office in time to pick her up from school at 3:30pm, so Damon was kind enough to change his schedule to take tonight off (he'll work Easter Sunday instead). This morning I packed Alexa's gym bag with a leotard (and matching hair clip, of course), cover-up skirt, swimsuit, towel and pajamas for changing after swim. Damon just shook his head and laughed as I explained the agenda for the night, and the wardrobe change required for each.
I knew Damon had it under control, so it was extremely relaxing to drive home from work without having to continually check the clock and worry about making it to Alexa's school on time. Tonight I was able to swing by the pharmacy and squeeze in a 5-mile run (and ab workout) all before Alexa and Damon made it home from swimming. I felt like a real "lady of leisure" running on the treadmill while it was still light outside....
As much as I enjoyed my two-hour break, I was very excited to see them both when they came home after swimming. According to Alexa, she actually let go of Coach Anthony tonight (confirmed by Damon), and she did perfect cartwheels at gymnastics. Sounds like a great night was had by all!
| The crew..... :) |
What a great husband to give you a much-needed break! Way to go, Alexa, at swim and gymnastics! We can't wait to see you next week!
ReplyDeleteIf she let go of Coach Anthony when Damon was there, it looks like Damon needs to start taking her all the time. Maybe he's a good luck charm. Have a great Easter!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Joe, Emily, Dominic, and Sophia