The St. Louis Half-Marathon is quickly approaching, and I've been sticking to a training plan reasonably well. However, with the activity-filled weekend, I did not get a chance to work in the 10 mile run that was on the plan. I was extremely tired when I got home from work today, but I knew I had to complete this workout (and take advantage of the extra eyes to watch Alexa). It was too dark for an outdoor run, so I hopped on my trusty treadmill and set my sights on completing this 10 mile run.
Running has been a great release for me over the past few months, but it's not always easy to get motivated to run. However, the placement of Granty's 20x30 poster on the wall in front of the treadmill is perfect - - I find so much motivation looking at my little guy, smiling while wearing his St. Louis Cardinals bib. Tonight was definitely one of those nights when I relied on the image of his smile and happy eyes to help me get through the run. With "The Biggest Loser" (another motivating factor, but not nearly as powerful as Granty) playing on the DVR and the image of my Granty in front of me, I am very proud to report that I made it through the entire 10 mile run. Not only was this the farthest I have run since giving birth to Granty, but I completed the run, albeit treadmill with only a 0.5 incline, in 78 minutes and 36 seconds (7:51 min/mile). Not too shabby!
| Thanks, Granty, for getting me through this run! |
What determination! My hat is off to you for being so persistant. Tell your mom and dad hi for me, wish I could be there with all of you. Love, Joanne
ReplyDeleteWOW! Good work girl!!
ReplyDeleteI say lie down on the couch and the feeling pass.
ReplyDeleteYour favorite father-in-law