Sunday, March 3, 2013

Happy Nine-Month Birthday!

Happy Nine-Month Birthday, Granty!  It's hard to believe our little guy would be nine-months-old today.  I remember how much fun I had with Alexa at this age, and I can only imagine how Granty's vivacious personality would be on full-display at this wonderful age.  What I wouldn't give.....

Today did have a bright spot that helped to bring some joy - it was my friend Jenny's birthday, so we had a nice girls' brunch (no kids) to celebrate the big day.  She's an incredible person and has done so much for our family and Alexa over the past few months...all while juggling twin boys and a three year-old.  Pretty remarkable!  Needless to say, I was very happy to be a part of the birthday celebration, and I had a wonderful time with the ladies over brunch this morning.  We even had time to stop into Nordstrom after brunch...definitely a great way to start the day.

Damon pitched in for Jenny's birthday by taking both Alexa and Gabriella, in their matching pink giraffe swimsuits, to swimming this morning.  The girls were mistaken for twins a few times (Damon quickly squelched that), and Damon said they had a great time together.  It's a very cute relationship with these two - - we can't do much without thinking about Gabriella (and vice versa), so Alexa always brings a snack for her BFF or tries to make sure I buy two of everything (one for her and one for Gabriella) when we're at the store.  They really are like sisters, and I hope this relationship continues for  years to come..if not their lifetimes. :)

So tired but so happy to meet this boy at 1:33am! 

2 comments:

  1. Connie, I want you to know I remembered Granty's birthday at Mass today and said quite a few extra prayers for all of us. Love, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, you are the remarkable one!! Im so grateful for your friendship & look forward to many more celebrations with you.
    ps i would of loved see Damon with the girls at swim!!

    ReplyDelete