Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Day at the Museum

Spring Break has not meant rest and relaxation for Alexa - - this little girl has had non-stop activity since Saturday!

Today NeNe and Papa Niehoff took Alexa to the Scottsdale Public Library in the morning, and then they headed to the Phoenix Children's Museum this afternoon.  Whew!  I think the last time Alexa had been the Children's Museum was during her Spring Break last year, and my parents could not get over the change that one year makes.  She was bounding from one exhibit to the next, and she even climbed to the very top of the massive climber with Papa (NeNe seemed content to stay on the ground).  Some things never change though - when I was asking Alexa about her favorite things she did at the Children's Museum, the play grocery store and the pool noodle 'forrest' were still at the top of her list.

The non-stop activity caught up to her a bit, as she fell asleep during the car ride home from the museum, and she was very eager to change into her pajamas to get ready for bed tonight.  As I hung out with her watching a 30-minute 'My Little Pony' video before bed, out of nowhere she looked at me and said, "I had so much fun today, but I still miss my baby Granty a lot."  I'm glad to see that even on the busiest and most fun days, Alexa still has a bit of her heart and mind dedicated to Granty.  What a sweet girl and great big sister!

The fun of the week will continue tomorrow - - make-up gymnastics class (from her missed lesson on Saturday) tomorrow night!

Apparently grocery shopping with Mommy
is rubbing off - a cart full of fruit.
At the top of the climber with Papa Niehoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment