We had the opportunity to pick up the race packets today, so my parents and I headed over to the running store after lunch today. It was great to see my parents, who have never done an event like this in their lives, picking up their numbers and race shirts. We also ran into Nichole, Granty's beloved nurse from his pediatrician's office, and my co-worker Cheryl, who will be walking with her son, soon-to-be daughter in-law and grandson. It should be an impressive representation of people walking/running in honor of our Granty.
When I was picking up the race packets for Damon and myself, I told the girl handing out the packets our last name, and without any hesitation, she said, "Oh...that's Granty's Giraffes." I was very proud to introduce myself to her as Grant's mom. I didn't think too much of it until I looked through the race packet and saw that there was no mention of team "Granty's Giraffes" anywhere on my registration. The girl working simply saw my last name and immediately identified it with our team - that definitely made me feel good to know that Granty's story had resonated with her.
Thank you to everyone who has donated to our team; we've raised over $700 for Phoenix Children's Hospital and the Children's Cancer Network. There's still time to donate to team Granty's Giraffes - - http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/GrantysGiraffes/run-to-fight-childrens-cancer - - if you're interested. Obviously this is a cause that is extremely close to my heart....
| Our motivator.... |
Glad to hear Nene and Grandpa made it to Phoenix okay. God luck to all of you in the run/walk race. Can't wait to hear about the Birthday Party and I am anxiously awaiting pictures. Love Joanne
ReplyDelete