Tonight we finally had a major breakthrough at swimming! I knew it was going to be a good lesson, when Alexa went underwater without hesitation. However, she had Coach Anthony and I laughing and shaking our heads at the maneuvers she was doing to make sure he did not let go of her. At one point, Anthony was shaking his wrist to relieve it from the Alexa Death Grip. Despite her fear, Alexa was smiling and laughing the entire lesson, and on her very last backfloat of the night, she finally let go of Coach Anthony and flipped to swim to the wall. Anthony, Nick (who happened to be hanging out on the pool deck) and I were elated - - finally! The guys were high-fiving her like she had just swum the English Channel, and I made a pointed effort to make sure she knew how proud I was. I'm hoping this is beginning of 'real' swimming for her....fingers crossed!
| Swimming with Coach Anthony - - this is while she still had the death grip :) |
Amazing what they choose when given options! Love it. So proud Alexa is improving! Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteGood going Alexa. You are such a trooper (Also Mom) We are so glad to hear about your recent swimming lesson. We are very proud of you. Love Michael & JOanne
ReplyDelete