Carolyn was reading the blog of another family who lost a child, and a link on the family's blog led to a beautiful song. The words could not be a more poignant representation of the emotions I feel after losing my Granty....
Here's a link to the lyrics and the song if you'd like to listen (click on the "Precious Child" link at the top of the page to play the song), although the vocalist is definitely not "Carolyn-caliber. :) Precious Child
Precious Child by Karen Taylor-Good
In my dreams
You are
alive and well
Precious
child, precious child
In my mind
I see you
clear as a bell
Precious
child, precious child
In my soul
there is a hole
That can
never be filled
But in my
heart there is hope
'Cause you
are with me still
In my heart
you live on
Always
there, never gone
Precious
child you left too soon
Though it
may be true that we're apart
You will
live forever in my heart
In my plans
I was the
first to leave
Precious
child, precious child
But in this
world
I was left
here to grieve
Precious
child, precious child
In my soul
there is a hole
That can never
be filled
But in my
heart there is hope
'Cause you
are with me still
In my heart
you live on
Always
there, never gone
Precious
child you left too soon
Though it
may be true that we're apart
You will
live forever in my heart
God knows I
want to hold you
See you,
touch you
Maybe
there's a heaven
And someday
I will again
Please know
you're not forgotten until then
In my heart
you live on
Always
there, never gone
Precious
child you left too soon
Though it
may be true that we're apart
You will live forever in my heart
![]() |
| My precious child |

Oh Connie, beautiful lyrics for a beautiful boy. Granty was such a precious child, we all miss him.
ReplyDelete