Saturday, April 6, 2013

Carbo Loading

After a delayed landing last night (around midnight...hence the non-update of the blog yesteday), Alexa and I have enjoyed our first day in St. Louis....I know Damon wishes he were here.  While I was running errands this morning, Alexa raided NeNe and Papa's basement; the Barbies, Calico Critters and My Little Pony toys were littering the floor when I returned home.  It was extremely windy today, so my sister Karen had the great idea to pull some of the kites out of the basement.  This was the first time Alexa has ever flown a kite (maybe I need to buy one for the next haboob in Phoenix), and after her initial frustration that the kite wasn't staying in the air, she got the hang of flying it and had a blast.  She was so proud that she was able to fly the kite all by herself!  I saw a smile creep onto my Mom's face as Alexa boasted about her independent flight...little Connie.

My friend Molly hosted an Italian dinner tonight, and she didn't disappoint with the two varieties of lasagna she prepared.  It was absolutely delicious, and Alexa scarfed it down like she hadn't eaten in days.  It was a great chance to see everyone who's running the half marathon tomorrow morning (eight of us), as well as some of our official cheerleaders who will be rooting for us with signs rather than running the race (the smart ones...haha).  Wish us luck for the run bright and early tomorrow morning.  I just want to make my little boy proud!


The 80's are back.!  The pic doesn't do it justice,
but this shirt is the brightest, pink neon I've ever seen....

1 comment: