Monday, April 8, 2013

Home Opener

It was another day of beautiful weather in St. Louis today, so while I was at Target this morning, I picked up a Disney Princess scooter for Alexa to leave at NeNe and Papa's house.  Needless to say, Alexa was ecstatic to see the scooter (she's been asking for one for nearly a year), and she took off zipping down the sidewalk as soon as Papa and I completed its assembly.  Alexa's spent a lot of time with her grandparents, and their undivided attention, this weekend, so I think tomorrow morning's flight back to Phoenix will be a rude awakening.

Today was a quintessential St. Louis day for me - - Imo's Pizza for lunch, a MetroLink ride to Busch Stadium, Cardinals Home Opener followed by Paddy O's, and ending the day with Ted Drewes for dessert. It really does not get much more St. Louis than that!  The home opener, my first one, was a lot of fun - it would have been even more fun had the game ended after seven innings...the bullpen completely imploded tonight.  Nevertheless, it was a fun afternoon with friends and baseball in my beloved St. Louis!

Alexa and I have a very early (7am) flight back to Phoenix tomorrow morning, and then the two of us will have an entire day to relax and get back into the normal routine.  We've had a phenomenal time in St. Louis, and this trip was a much-needed break for me, but unfortunately all good things must come to an end.  Besides, we do miss Damon and Alstott too.... :)

Representing our Cardinals....
Enjoying a scooter ride around the neighborhood with NeNe and Papa.

1 comment:

  1. Connie, it was a great day until the ninth inning. Glad to hear you were able to go to the opener. It sounds like your trip in was great and I am looking forward to seeing you on the 27th. Great pictures. Love to all, Joanne

    ReplyDelete