However, I think this long weekend in St. Louis will be the perfect remedy my current doldrum. In addition to the time I get to spend with my parents and sister Karen, I will have a lot of quality time with my friends in St. Louis. A pre-race dinner (no cooking for me - - just bringing a salad!), the half-marathon, Cardinals Opening Day..... Alexa was disappointed tonight to find out that she wasn't going to be running with me; she can do a 1/2 mile run with me no problem, but I think 13.1 miles might be a little too much. However, she quickly perked up when she realized she would have NeNe and Papa Gene's (no longer Papa Niehoff) basement for entertainment. The assortment of Barbies, Calico Critters, Fisher-Price play sets, etc... are way more fun than running!
Tomorrow is going to be one busy day - - a full-day of work/school and then a evening flight that lands in St. Louis at 11:30pm. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Alexa sleeps on the plane....
SWIM UPDATE - Since Alexa's going to miss gymnastics class on Saturday, she had another Thursday of back-to-back gymnastics and swimming lessons. Gymnastics, as usual, went great, but swim continues to be problematic. She is truly petrified of Coach Anthony letting go of her in the pool. She has made a friend in her Thursday class, Lauren (who's a great swimmer), so that's a positive out of the situation. When we get back from St. Louis, I think I'm going to go back to the drawing board with the managers of the swim school to derive a new plan to help her overcome this fear....
![]() |
| My boy.... |

Hope I get to see you this weekend! Have a safe flight and much love always.
ReplyDeleteI love your last post- that Granty will indelibly be 5mos in our minds forever. I understand how missing the triumphant milestones will be difficult; little ones accomplish so much in the first year. Best of luck at the half marathon, I will be routing for you while Sara is bossing me around while setting up for Carrie's shower- I do hope you have time to make it if you are not completely wiped out- everyone has been asking if you will. Enjoy Louie, it promises to be a beautiful week.
ReplyDelete